Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Hours per week (average): 40
Overtime status: Exempt
Who we are:
data.org is building a better future with data, and is looking for creative, results-driven professionals passionate about the potential of data and technology to achieve social impact to join our team.
Launched in January 2020 and building on an initial five-year, $50M commitment from The Rockefeller Foundation and the Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth, data.org envisions a world that uses the power of data science to help solve society’s greatest challenges and improve lives across the globe. As a platform for partnerships, data.org works alongside social impact organizations, philanthropy, technology firms, and academia to build the field of data science for social impact.
The Finance & Contracts Manager will lead the day-to-day management of contract processing, grant reporting, budgeting and financial reporting for the organization. The role will report to the Chief Operations Officer and work closely with data.org’s fiscal sponsor, New Venture Fund to ensure the organization has access to real time financial analysis for all programmatic and operational budgets. They will also track all activities related to the full lifecycle of grants, sub-grants and subsequent reporting requirements.
This is a full-time position with a salary range of $75,000 to $85,000 annually commensurate with experience with a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
data.org highly values facilitating an equitable standard of living across the regions in which it operates. This position’s location is remote and flexible. To promote transparency in compensation practices, this position lists a baseline salary for a US-based cost of living. Details of actual compensation will be discussed during the interview process to ensure compensation is approached comprehensively and equitability. Occasional travel required.
What you’ll do
data.org is seeking an experienced Finance & Contracts Manager who will:
- Manage operational and programmatic budgets for the organization with real-time actuals and forecast planning.
- Guide and track contracting and grant management for the organization while serving as liaison between vendors, data.org staff and data.org’s fiscal sponsor.
- Collaborate with the Chief Operating Officer in building internal systems around financials, accounting and contracting for the organization as it grows in size.
- Support internal operations, identify key areas of process enhancement and develop streamlined, efficient contracting, budgeting and financial managmeent processes across the organization.
- Prepare financial reporting as required for grant submissions, Board meetings and senior leadership for planning support.
Qualifications you’ll need:
- 5-8 years of experience in contract management, budgeting, and financial reporting. Demonstrated experience in supporting social-impact organizations is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA a plus
- Strong analytical ability with solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel and financial reporting tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to deal effectively with management, staff, vendors and funders.
- Mission-driven individual with strong judgement, interpersonal skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
data.org, the Data Science for Social Impact Collaborative is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Interested applicants, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org