Reports to: Chief Strategy Officer
Hours per week (average): 40
Overtime status: Exempt
Interested applicants, please reach out to email@example.com.
Who we are:
data.org is building a better future with data, and is looking for creative, results-driven professionals passionate about the potential of data and technology to achieve social impact to join our team.
Launched in January 2020 and building on an initial five-year, $50M commitment from The Rockefeller Foundation and the Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth, data.org envisions a world that uses the power of data science to help solve society’s greatest challenges and improve lives across the globe. As a platform for partnerships, data.org works alongside social impact organizations, philanthropy, technology firms, and academia to build the field of data science for social impact.
data.org is launching a new initiative, The Capacity Accelerator Network (CAN), aimed at building the capacity of the social impact sector to fully take advantage of the data revolution. Doing this will require addressing how we educate, train, and upskill the next generation of social impact talent, as well as supporting the evolution and capacity of social impact organizations to ensure that they are ready, willing, and able to ingest new data-driven talent. Our first planned Network hubs will be based in India, Africa, and the United States, with additional areas of expansion under consideration. data.org is searching for a Program Director to lead this exciting global initiative. The ideal candidate will be a driven self-starter, able to work across multiple stakeholders to build capacity and community.
This is a 2-year, grant-funded position, with the potential for extension. The salary range for this position is $150,000 – 180,000 annually and includes a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
data.org highly values facilitating an equitable standard of living across the regions in which it operates. This position’s location is remote and flexible. To promote transparency in compensation practices, this position lists a baseline salary for a US-based cost of living. Details of actual compensation will be discussed during the interview process to ensure compensation is approached comprehensively and equitability. Occasional travel required.
What you’ll do
data.org is seeking an experienced Program Director who will:
- Execute, oversee and evolve the Capacity Accelerator Network strategy and programmatic delivery
- Serve as an organizational leader to build a collaborative, high-accountability, high-trust environment focused on results, and effective cross-pollination of strategies, initiatives and deliverables
- Lead the CAN team to ensure that network partners are supported and effectively deliver on clearly articulated goals
- Work across network partners to develop a culture of collaboration and open-sharing where products and solutions are exchanged in service to the network
- Continually cultivate and engage external funding and network implementation partners
- Collaborate closely to data.org communications team to ensure that resources, content and trainings offered through our digital platform meet the needs of network partners
- Represent the Capacity Accelerator Network of networks at international conferences, conversations and convenings
Qualifications you’ll need:
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience. Demonstrated experience leading international programs in the Global South preferred.
- Experience working in education, workforce development or international skill building preferred
- Ability and experience in cultivating and managing large-scale investments and relationships with multiple funding partners
- Exceptional critical thinking and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to toggle between strategy creation and successful execution
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; must be able to collaborate and engage with diverse audiences
- Entrepreneurial spirit with problem-solver mentality
- Passionate, purpose-driven, collaborative mindset
- Ability and willingness to do as well as lead, working flexibly in a nimble, small start-up team
data.org, the Data Science for Social Impact Collaborative is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Interested applicants, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org