Reports to: Program Director, Capacity Accelerator Network
Hours per week (average): 40
Overtime status: Exempt
Interested applicants, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
data.org is building a better future with data, and is looking for creative, results-driven professionals passionate about the potential of data and technology to achieve social impact. As a platform for partnerships, we work alongside social impact organizations, philanthropy, technology firms, and academia to build the field of data science for social impact together.
The Program Manager will lead the day-to-day management of a new strategic initiative, The Capacity Accelerator Network, aimed at building the capacity of the social impact sector to fully take advantage of the data revolution. Doing this will require addressing how we educate, train, and upskill the next generation of social impact talent with data skills, as well as supporting the evolution and capacity of social impact organizations to ensure that they are ready, willing, and able to ingest new data-skilled talent. data.org is searching for a Program Manager to lead the day-to-day management of this exciting global initiative. Our first planned Network hubs will be based in India, Africa, and the United States, with additional areas of expansion under consideration.
This is a two-year, grant-funded position, with the potential to extend as the team expands its Network and secures additional funding. The salary range for this position is $100,000 –$110,000 annually and includes a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
Data.org highly values facilitating an equitable standard of living across the regions in which it operates. This position’s location is remote and flexible. To promote transparency in compensation practices, this position lists a baseline salary for a US-based cost of living. Details of actual compensation will be discussed during the interview process to ensure compensation is approached comprehensively and equitability. Occasional travel required.
- Execute the programmatic activities of the Capacity Accelerator Network, generating project plans, managing project deliverables, and ensuring that projects deliver to agreed-upon budgets
- Proactively manage communication and task management across the data.org team, program partners, and third-party contractors
- Contribute to strategy and evolution of the Capacity Accelerator Network
- Facilitate connections across a global network of partners
- Work closely with subgrantees and other network partners to ensure successful project delivery, flagging program wins and risks as they occur
- Identify opportunities for technical assistance and strategic communications, and work with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate appropriate matches
- Work closely with network partners, data.org’s digital content team, and subject matter experts on the development of new resources, content, and training
- Prepare progress reports and contribute to presentations and written deliverables
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-10 years of relevant experience managing international projects, with preferred experience in the Global South
- Self-motivated and able to work in a startup environment- managing to project plans, while maintaining the flexibility to shift as the program and organization evolve
- Demonstrated project and program management experience
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to think operationally and strategically
- Excellent computer literacy, including experience with project management and remote collaboration tools
- Ability to work collaboratively and develop trusted relationships
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated work ethic, and ability to self-manage within a geographically distributed team
- Experience working in education, workforce development, or capacity building preferred
- Experience in philanthropy, innovation, and/or data science sector a plus
data.org is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Interested applicants, please reach out to email@example.com