In A Nutshell
Lead on publishing and managing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for programs across the Aspen Institute.
- Work directly with the Director of Fiscal Reporting & Learning to create system-driven reports for programs’ monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting
- Develop, deploy, and maintain reports using Planful, Netsuite, and F9
- Understand complex financial data and processes to define reporting and dashboard requirements that support financial analysis, financial reporting, and financial audit response needs.
- Creatively visualize data in a variety of formats to provide relevant insights to Analysis team, Program staff, and Senior Leadership.
- Monitor automated processes and reports for accuracy and completion; contribute to process improvement
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with Finance & Accounting, ITS, FP&A system users, and staff using FP&A system
- Collaborate, communicate with, and support Financial Analysis team and Operational Accounting to develop meaningful financial reports for their assigned programs or departments
- Work with Financial Managers to collect final, analyzed reports with narrative to store for reference and audit-purposes
- Work closely with Financial Services Unit to ensure the accuracy of forecasting
- Develop and maintain financial/operational reports/models, create new reporting tools, and perform special projects as assigned.
- Identify and effectively communicate work plans, risks, and issues to the Director of Fiscal Reporting & Learning and team.
- Assist new team members with training on financial reporting
- Work independently and with team members as appropriate to complete assigned activities.
- BA/BS in fields of business administration, accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent working experience in relevant fields with upward tracking record; a background in a non-profit, research or academic setting is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ working experience, excellent verbal and written communication, project and planning skills
- Experience in comprehensive 360 financial reporting
- Experience in creating effective Dashboards for various levels of leadership is highly desirable
- Excellent skills of Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft applications
- Experience with Tableau, Microsoft Power BI or similar BI reporting tool a plus
- Knowledge of standard accounting & budget principles and implementation in non-profit organizations are essential
- Knowledge of database software is helpful
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills; Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Attention to details; proven ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Works well in a team environment, creative thinker, and quick learner