The Epiverse community is an inclusive and interdisciplinary global network of epidemiologists, methodologists, mathematical modelers, and software developers at all skill levels. Community members span academia, industry, and national and international public health agencies. The goals of the community are to co-produce effective epidemic response pipelines, and in parallel, build the capacity of our community and the field of outbreak analytics.
Learn more about our community
Building Together is a series of stories about data.org’s global collaborative, Epiverse, showcasing diverse perspectives on building a trustworthy data ecosystem for anticipating, identifying, and preventing future public health crises.
Epiverse TRACE community core values
- Inclusion – ensuring that our community spaces are inclusive and welcoming to all.
- Sustainability of the ecosystem beyond the project’s grand-funded lifetime.
- Reciprocity – operating from a stance of give and take.
- Quality within the code development process.
- Timeliness of the tools developed (e.g., on a regular basis).
- Accountability to our community, our funders and each other.
- Environmentally conscious – taking steps as a project to minimise the negative consequences of our actions on the climate.
Our community lies at the heart of everything we do. Involving and learning from users from the outset ensures that we are developing tools that best reflect the needs of those in the field.Anna Carnegie Epiverse Community Manager London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine