Hours per week (average): 40
Overtime status: Exempt
Interested applicants, please reach out to [email protected].
Who We Are:
data.org is building a better future with data, and is looking for creative, results-driven professionals passionate about the potential of data and technology to achieve social impact to join our team.
Launched in January 2020 and building on an initial five-year, $50M commitment from The Rockefeller Foundation and the Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth, data.org envisions a world that uses the power of data science to help solve society’s greatest challenges and improve lives across the globe. As a platform for partnerships, data.org works alongside social impact organizations, philanthropy, technology firms, and academia to build the field of data science for social impact.
About this Role:
As data.org, we put a high premium on clear, analytically rigorous data insights for the social sector. Within data.org, this role will play an important part in providing that clarity, rigor, and creativity to both the Marketing / Product team as well as to the Initiative teams. As a senior individual contributor, this role will help build the new analyst function within data.org, initially deploying contract resources, then hiring junior analyst staff when there is sufficient demand and the necessary funding to do so. This role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
Marketing & Product
This role will lead on analytics and reporting for the newly- launched Resource Library and associated Data Maturity Assessment Tool. These products serve the broader data science for social impact community, and this person will be charged with ensuring that the digital products are providing the best experience — and that the insights derived about the social sector can inform data.org investment and provide the evidence base for data.org’s biannual State of the Data Science for Social Impact Sector report. In addition, this role will review marketing analytics data for the marketing site, email products, and social data. This person will work closely with team members, particularly the Digital Content Lead, to interpret this data, derive relevant and actionable insights, and make clear recommendations for next steps.
Today, data.org has three initiatives in flight: Epiverse, the Capacity Accelerator Network (CAN), and the Inclusive Growth and Recovery Challenge. Each of these initiatives has programs that make use of and produce data, from mapping global programs to creating and distributing open curricula. The Senior Data Analyst will analyze, interpret, and convey insights to inform the work of each Initiative team.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The salary range for this position is $110,000 – $130,000 annually, and data.org offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% automatic contribution, and a 3% match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
data.org highly values facilitating an equitable standard of living across the regions in which it operates. This position’s location is remote and flexible. To promote transparency in compensation practices, this position lists a baseline salary for a US-based cost of living. Details of actual compensation will be discussed during the interview process to ensure compensation is approached comprehensively and equitability. Occasional travel required.
What You’ll Do:
data.org is seeking an experienced analyst who will:
- Conduct analysis of the Resource Library, Data Maturity Assessment Tool, and interpret data to aid in understanding of insights about the community of social impact organizations
- Conduct analysis of digital properties: marketing site, email outreach, social media, and develop a holistic overall picture of performance and opportunities for improvement
- Work closely with the Marketing and Product teams to recommend actionable next steps for all digital properties, campaigns, and initiatives
- Provide guidance and best practices on data management and marketing platforms like Salesforce, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, and Google Tag Manager
- Produce data visualizations to illuminate and communicate important learning
- Play a critical role on the Initiative teams, analyzing data to understand and convey programmatic impact
- Support data.org initiatives with specific data analyses, such as Epiverse’s mapping initiatives or Capacity Accelerator Network’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning data
- Where possible, incorporate qualitative findings into quantitative reporting
- Work closely with all data.org staff to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate protocols and research related to data quality assurance
- Prepare reports and presentations for the executive team, founding partners, and funders to evaluate and communicate impact
- Grow the analyst function within data.org as demand requires and funding allows, managing any contract or permanent junior analyst resource
- Performs other duties as needed
Qualifications You’ll Need:
- Degree or equivalent qualifications and experience
- A minimum of 4+ years of full-time experience in data analysis
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google BigQuery
- Experience in SQL, SAS, Python, or R programming
- Knowledge of marketing technology data platforms such as CRM (Salesforce), social marketing insights and email marketing analytics
- Proficiency in data visualization tools, such as Tableau
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with experience presenting data interpretation and insights to non-technical audiences
- Experience with (and patience for) creating new analytics processes for an early-stage environment
- Mission-driven individual with strong judgment, interpersonal skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Social sector experience preferred
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, New Venture Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at [email protected].
data.org, the Data Science for Social Impact Collaborative is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Interested applicants, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]